* By Raíssa Ataide
Having a motivated and productive team is every manager's dream, isn't it?
Working alone is no easy task and currently there is no more time or space for individuality. Due to competition and the need for innovation, building a team through a set of individual characteristics becomes a competitive differentiator. This work carried out in partnership is surpassed and brings with it agility, new ideas and shared knowledge, forming a multidisciplinary team is to ensure the unification of these values, the tendency is for the results to multiply and the goals are always aligned. Having a team is much more than the sum of the people who are part of it, it is sharing the same objective and investing in growth.
- Group of people with common goals;
- They meet by affinity;
- They work each for themselves (independently);
- No need for interdependent interaction.
- A group of people with common goals and focused on achieving a specific goal, who are dedicated to carrying out the same work;
- It considers the individual skills necessary for the development of activities and achievement of goals;
- Need for direct and interdependent interaction;
- A group of two or more people who form a solidary group.
Pillars of Teamwork
- Sharing: interaction, exchange and complementation of ideas, providing more knowledge and new thoughts;
- Organization: clearly and objectively established rules that guarantee the order and proper functioning of the pillars;
- Motivation: working as a team generates an action, results in effective and effective activities. Each member can create this dynamism and synergy with the others, remembering that periodic inputs and follow-ups are necessary, as they will maintain the group's motivation;
- Collectivism: gains become everyone's day-to-day, common goals and objectives, becoming a single ideal;
- Objectives: common goals, establishes guidelines and directs them to focus.
Advantages of Teamwork
- Productivity increase;
- Improved communication, use of resources;
- Creativity and effectiveness in problem solving;
- Superior quality in services and decisions;
- Gain and agility in the processes;
- Differentiation through integration and synergy.
Then, the need arises for the respective leaders to use different forms of conduct so that the understanding, learning, maturation of individuals happen and this multiplication of characteristics in favor of organizational development stands out. Motivation is individual, but encouragement can infect a team.
Motivation is something internal, but the leader has an important role that becomes a challenge, positively influencing the team and discovering within people what they have the best, what motivates them and what they can offer in deliveries.
For this reason it is important that the leader:
- Always have a well-defined objective with the team;
- Establish clear and structured steps;
- Make the necessary resources available for the team to perform the work;
- Structure a realistic schedule and create a method for measuring efficiency.
The leader will always need to communicate the team regarding the established goals, as the participating individuals will need to know how they are in relation to this purpose and what to do to achieve it, they need to outline internal and external strategies to make these goals achievable. Only with the definition of this objective in common will we be able to awaken the stimulus of belonging and contributing with the representatives of the team.
The result of this work will be to attribute value to the results obtained, to celebrate the achievements and goals achieved, to recognize the contributions, to periodically hold meetings with the team members, to recognize the well-executed work, to provide feedbacks positive and conduct constructive criticism.
When these leaders offer a clear sense of direction and often provide feedbacks Along the way, employees are encouraged to give their all. Informing them about goals and progress towards them strongly influences their ability to achieve them.
And to do a good job and ensure that this team is motivated, we always need to think about the motivational pillars that keep them satisfied. These are:
- Creative and challenging work;
- Diversity in the tasks performed and autonomy;
- Participation in decisions and alignments;
- Being able to give your opinion;
appreciation and Status:
- Responsibility for results;
- Recognition and pride;
- Opportunities for promotions and merits;
- Friendship among teammates;
- Team spirit;
- Friendly Executive/Leader;
- Safe working conditions;
- Compensation and benefits;
- Job stability;
- Rest intervals;
- Physical and mental comfort;
- Flexible working hours.
THE SAFEWAY is a company of Information security, recognized by its customers for offering high added value solutions, through Information Security projects that fully meet the needs of the business. In these years of experience, we have proudly accumulated several successful projects that have given us credibility and prominence among our clients, which largely constitute the 100 largest companies in Brazil.
Let's make the world a safer place to live and do business!